YEARS and YEARS ago…like about 17-16 I bought this nativity pattern. I loved hand embroidery and I saw this and thought it was adorable to make for Christmas presents…so I did make several to give to family members and they were my first quilt projects…..I see them now and think OMG!!! I need to steal those back and make new ones for everyone. LOL They are UGLY!! But I tried.
Anyway ….when I married Rob I had traced several more to give as gifts to family and friends…and they sat in a box waiting to be stitched….this one was actually stitched back then…and it sat waiting with the others. Now I will admit that I have actually finished stitching all of the centers….and they are just waiting to be quilted. I should have done that over the summer…maybe there is still time….I will see. But anyway…since the center of this was stitched I threw it into a round robin group maybe a few summers ago to see how they would build it up. It turned out lovely.
I did add the last patchwork border to finish it off…..but I really like the added scriptures and the stars and diamonds….it adds to the feeling of the nativity theme. I really like that this 15 year old UFO is finally finished and I can cross it off the list.
I did some cross hatching, swirls, continuous curves and stars ect…just to bring out each layer of the quilt.
I used scraps for the back…because why not! I just use them up and add some spice.
How are you all doing on your Christmas projects? it’s getting close….especially for your longarm quilters…..you’ll need to think about sending them soon…it will also keep you from binding on Christmas eve. 🙂 haha! how many of us do that> ?
So YEARS ago Felicia took a bag of my scraps….this particular bag was a favorite bag of my scraps….they had actually gone to Lori…she made a quilt..sent them back to me…then I sent them on to Felicia….she made this fabulous center star…and the first pieced border.
I loved it! I actually made the same star in a different quilt and appliqued some designs in it. So I thought about this one for awhile I thought I wanted to add some more applique.
So I sent it home with a bunch of scraps with my Friend Nellie. So she added the borders and all of the cute posies …..so ADORABLE!!
So I finally got it quilted. I have had it back for a year.
I quilted swirls, lines, cross-hatching, continuous curves, and a feather.
I used flannel on the back ….because I had it…it’s comfy and I will use this quilt. It is one of my faves.
I get to add some finishes to my list this week…YAHOO!!
I finished this one:
It’s a quick curve ruler pattern..I can’t remember the name? But I had bought the pattern YEARS ago and I had set all of the fabrics aside ( from my stash) for the pattern and I finally put it together. It’s kind of a quick easy pattern….so it comes together easily. It’s difficult to see in the photos but the background fabric is a fairy frost that I have been hoarding…so It’s really sparkly…..my favorite!
I quilted this on the computer using wavy lines. 🙂
I had a few extra blocks so a made a table runner to match. 🙂
Quilts I have made so far this year:
1.Neutral Love Wool Penny Project
2. Wool Confetti Project for T
3. Wool Penny Project ( big pink flower in the center)
4. Happy Little Trees
5. Christmas cookie exchange
6. Jelly Chain quilt
7. Kaffe Scrappy Ice Cream Quilt
8. Kaffe Magic carpet quilt
9. Kaffe hourglass quilt
10. Moda Be my Neighbor Quilt
11. Feather sample quilt for You Tube.
12. Embroidered Floral quilt
13. Resolutions quilt.
14. little wool Sampler
15. blue wool penny quilt
16. Tula pink Butterfly quilt
17. Cole’s graduation Quilt. I need to take pictures. ( I am not real happy with it. But I made one)
18. Second Feather Sampler
19. Tumbler quilt made and quilted by me.
20. Rag quilt made by me….Approved by Elvis.
21. blissful stars made by me…quilted by me.
22. pretty baby stars. made by me..quilted by me.
23. Long Time Gone made by me quilted by computer ( me)
24. Fabulous flowers Made and quilted by me.
25. Happy Scrappy Orphan block quilt. Made by me and quilted on computer.
26. Batik Butterflies made by me quilted on computer.
27. Wavy Days Tablerunner made & quilted by me.
28. Bertie’s year made & quilted by me
29. LIL made & quilted by Me
30. quick curve quilt- made & quilted by me.
31. Quick curve table runner…made & quilted by me.
Quilts that I have finished (These are mine….I just trade services ect) :
1. Scrappy Square in a squares quilt. Quilted by me made by Annette
2. Sidelights, Pieced & quilted by me.
3. Bee-utiful quilt. Pieced & quilted by me.
4. Block Swap Quilt. Pieced & quilted by me.
5. Lion quilt. Pieced by JennT. & quilted by me.
6. Prairie Flower quilt pieced & quilted by me.
7. Fun Chicken quilt Pieced by Harmony, quilted by me.
8. Garden Cheater quilt. Pieced and quilted by me.
9. Green Tea and Sweet Beans quilt Pieced by Noni quilted by me.
10. Bejeweled made by Annette quilted by me
11. White stars made and quilted by me.
12. Scrappy Squares with Tan background- made by Annette quilted by Computer
13. Soothing waters quilt. Made by Harmony quilted by Computer
14. Medallion Mystery quilt made by me quilted by computer
15. Circle 4 patches made by me quilted by computer
16. Purple Stars made by Karen quilted by me.
17. Gray T-blocks made by Annette quilted by computer & me. I am taking credit for standing by the machine all day.
18. Scrappy Crumb blocks made by Annette quilted by computer
19. Amy Butler Scrap quilt made by me-Quilted by Rob
20. Arctic Crystals made by Florence, quilted by me.
21. Rainbow ribbons made by Annette, quilted by computer
22. circle of geese, Made by myself and Laurie, quilted by Computer
23. Scrappy fun made by me, quilted by computer
24. Vintage Doilies made by Annette, quilted by me.
25. Window Pane. Modern travel bee of 2016. made and quilted by me.
26. Sparkle. Made and quilted by Me.
27. Quick Pillow panel quilt. Made and quilted by me.
28. Catch a Christmas Star made by Nellie quilted by me.
29. Yellow Paisleys Made by Annette. Quilted by Computer
30. Pumpkin Magic made by Round Robin quilted by Me.
31. My Butterfly Round Robin quilted by me