First thing: UFO list.
1. 3-D Christmas trees ( 2 years old)
2. Quilt tops that just need to be quilted ( actually not even one whole bin….which means I am doing really well at getting caught up on my own) Now it’s a completely full bin. But I am ok with the bin being full because once a quilt in in “que” it will eventually get completed.
3. 9 patch a day …I’ve actually finished all I need and used all of my 2.5 squares in my scrap bin( YAY!) but thinking I should make another commitment to make these using my 5 inch charms from my scrap bin? There are some really cute quilts using them. But I do need to make my quilt for the 9-patches I have made…probably a few quilts. :)
4. My 3-D bird quilt…these were birthday blocks from my quilt group for 2012.
5. My crazy quilt….I am not sure that this will get accomplished this year because it requires a lot of hand work.
6. My Felted Women wall hanging
7. my Crab Apple Hill “Over the woods” The embroidery is always being worked on but I haven’t even started the blocks
8. Dear Jane
9. My colorful trees. I started these cool trees a few years ago that use a specific fabric. I really need to get these done.
10. I also have various embroidery projects that I started 10 years ago… they are completely not anything in my style now but I just can’t let anything go…so I will have to work on them as well.
11. My Autumn wool BOM…I have only one block finished.
OK well I was able to knock a few off from the last one..YAY! Only 11 left!
Now my WIP list. I couldn’t just work on UFO’s could I? I mean that would totally be unlike me. I have been working on several and cleaning up my studio….and I was being really good about not buying fabric…but this week has been rough on me( for several reasons) and I have been daydreaming about fabric…of course. I bought some for a Wish projects after I get some WIPS done. So to get to that….I have been playing in scraps alot. As many as I send out….it seems impossible that I should still have some here at home..but they multiply. So I have been trying to cut some as I go…. into specific sizes to store in specific bins. I came across this pattern and thought it was perfect to use some 2 inch strips…but also my scraps of whites. I have been buying bolts of kona white..and some bleached muslin. I keep all of my background type scrap fabrics in their own special bins as well. SO I made more blocks.used white background instead of black and just random strips of colors. I love them! In fact I am going to make a few more of these quilts just because they go together quickly and I have several quilting ideas. I am thinking I will change the background colors as well. Grey and black. So here are my blocks..I just need to sew them together. Lickity split…right?
I am also working on the EASY Street Quilt. You can find it here. It’s a mystery quilt by Bonnie Hunter. I am always a day late and a dollar short. Which actually worked for me in this case. Just because the colors in the original pattern aren’t really my thing….I wanted to use fabrics from my stash…not buying allowed. and I happen to have several in the colorway I chose. It’s such a beautiful pattern and I am halfway done. I have everything cut for all the steps and I really only have three steps left until I can start putting it all together. But here is my stack:
As you can see completely different colors. I also bought the rulers to make flying geese the way Bonnie recommends. They went together pretty easily…..but I will never remember by the next time I need to make them how I did it…this is why I am not a gadget queen. But She made a video I will have to save….so I can get a refresher.
I have also had these borers cut for a quilt for 2 weeks now..they will be super fast to get done…but I hate border…so I never rush to get them done. Shame on me.
I also made 80 Granny Squares.
I strip pieced them..so not much color variety…but I am not worried about it. I will be making 2 quilts using them. A big one and a small one. So excited to get one of those made. I looked at them all last year..there is a huge flickr group dedicated to them.
So while I am browsing about on my ipad late at night I come across many projects. Since i have been LAQing I tend to piece less and less. I have to say I have missed it a lot. I have been making up for it this year. I feel like I have made so many quilt tops recently….and I don’t want to slow down. Now I have several others I want to add to my …..
Fist of all I came across this, SCRAPPY SWOON ALONG. Isn’t that cute? And it uses scraps. Or stash. Again I joined the party late. BUt I have gone through my stash and added a few….Cause I am going to make this quilt.
I am using these colors. I have been hoarding all of that Bliss. I will have plenty to make another quilt to showcase the fabrics a bit better…but love the colors. I also found this in teh clearance section of my LQS…it will be perfect backing….the color is actually brighter in person.
I also saw this awhile ago…and i just love what she is doing with this Row by Row. But I can’t pull for that yet…I have to much going on….I think I need to save the files and get to them when I get caught up a little. I also think I need to finish at least one more UFO before I start another project. I really have been thinking about my 3-d birds. I need a way to set them. I should browse and come up with an idea. I have some fabrics I want to use already.
What’s on your wish list? Share some ideas..cause I may need to add to mine. Just saying. LOL