So last week I posted this list (on this post)
1. One block wonder ( supposed to be cubed….eventually. It’s about 4 years old) I have made progress on this by sewing a few more blocks. I need to figure out how to make the cubes.
2. pink and brown blocks from a QB swap ( years ago..I have already made one quilt from them..I have enough for another queen size.)
3. Halloween scrappy type panel quilt ..it’s been sitting for 4 years.On my cutting counter.
4. 3-D Christmas trees ( 2 years old)
5. quilt tops that just need to be quilted ( actually not even one whole bin….which means I am doing really well at getting caught up on my own) Now it’s a completely full bin. But I am ok with the bin being full because once a quilt in in “que” it will eventually get completed.
6. 2 scrappy Vomit quilts I get to mark this one off now! YAY I even pieced scrappy backs.
7. ( patch a day ( still a work in progress)
So now I have to add to my list because while digging through my bins and totes I found more. How is this possible? I don’t know? I also found lots more scraps. apparently I have always been obsessed with scrap quilts…( I really have) because I would make scrap quilts as much as I did planned quilts…when I finished a project I would save specific scraps in bags to keep them all together. So now I am going through everything and reorganizing and revamping.
8. My 3-D bird quilt…these were birthday blocks from my quilt group for 2012.
9. My crazy quilt….I am not sure that this will get accomplished this year because it requires alot of hand work.
10. My Felted Women wall hanging
11. my Crab Apple Hill “Over the woods” The embroidery is always being worked on but I haven’t even started the blocks
12. Tote bags (I have started…all the panels are done..I just have to sew them up)
13. Dear Jane
14. My colorful trees. I started these cool trees a few years ago that use a specific fabric. I really need to get these done.
15. I also have various embroidery projects that I started 10 years ago… they are completely not anything in my style now but I just can’t let anything go…so I will have to work on them as well.
So does this list seem daunting? I don’t know? There are a few projects that seem a bit much (mostly the hand work…those are troubling for me anyway)….but honestly I think this is doable for 2013. I will of course start some new projects that I will make myself complete because the truth is that I have to be able to make patterns, and be inspired by that whim that happens late at night or in the middle of the weekend and go with it. Or use the scraps that I have already cut up.
So I actually only have 14 of these projects left ( as you can see #6 is already complete) and I would like to have at least two more completed by the end of the weekend…we will see how that goes.
I hope you all have a great Wednesday!