How are we doing? This week is our halfway point. We should be able to put half of the rows together after this week. Whoop! Whoop!
This is going fast!
Here’s a little information
- You can purchase the pattern here.
- I have a few kits available in my shop as well if you’d like a planned version.
- If you’d like to join the FB group to share progress photos and be a part of the community you can join that here.
- I will be posting twice a week. Tuesdays and Fridays. We will be making 1 row ( 5 blocks a week) and then we will have a week for borders and finishing.
- At the end of the SAL for the people with completed quilt tops I will do a drawing for a winner to get their quilt quilted with an Edge to Edge design on my computer. Or I will give a 75$ credit in my shop. Which ever you prefer. I may offer up random little prizes in the group as we go along as well.
- You can also share your progress on Instagram #charismascorner #affectionquilt
- Have fun!!
I completed my blocks several weeks ago because I was preparing for this SAL and I had taken the blocks out with me to find interesting places to get photos. One day while we were out it was so windy. I kept them in my car and I thought as I was out running errands ect I would find more places. I am always on the look out for interesting places to get photos. I look at everything differently now.
Anyway..Clarissa took the dogs out for a walk and she loaded them in the car not realizing my blocks were in the back. You can’t imagine how dirty these blocks got. Sigh. This quilt already has so many stories to tell.
You can see it starting to come together. You can also see that I used a variety of white background fabrics. All of these white fabrics are bright white. But they are all different brands and you can see that they are all different.
I was able to get it finished and quilt it over the weekend but I am having issues getting photos because it’s been windy for a few days. Hopefully, I can get pictures before the Friday post.
Here is our weekly quote:
I have to say that I am a hugger. This year is difficult for huggers because we can’t touch anyone. It’s such an automatic response for me that I have to stop myself every-single-time. But I still believe that hugs matter. They are important and this quote states it beautifully.
This week we are working on 3 HUG blocks and 2 KISS blocks.
I hope you all have a wonderful week!