I was gifted an accucut and I just love that thing for easy scrap projects. This is the second one I have made. I am learning a lot as far as fusible ect.
many times when I make a scrappy quilt I use the philosophy of “anything goes” and this one is no exception. There is Christmas, floral, halloween, baby ect. No rules.
After I put it together I just found a piece of fabric that I had in my stash that had enough to go around that I felt comfortable parting with ( nothing I am in love with and needs to be used) …Honestly ..no rhyme or reason because I I just don’t spend a lot of time thinking about those projects. I think that’s why I can get so much accomplished. I will invest time into the projects I really care about…of course. But I donate a lot of projects and lots of times I am sewing just for the pure joy in it… ( therapy, peace, silence, ect) ..if I fret about every single thing I will rob myself of that joy. So I just do it sometimes and see what happens.
So I was able to use a lot of scraps for this quilt. I used leftover bits of stabilizer, leftover bits of fusible from different projects ( along with new) and scraps and stash. I also used leftover bobbins of threads ect. After I fused the petals…then I sewed them into four patches. Iron on stabilizer to the underside. Then I stitched down all of the petals with an applique stitch on my sewing machine. Then I put all of the blocks together..added the border. Then I loaded it on my computer to be quilted. It’s quilted with all over pebbles. Pretty fun.
this turned out to be a pretty fun project. Glad I have that little machine to cut out these peels…because I wouldn’t have tried out this project otherwise.
I didn’t piece a backing…amazingly enough I am running out of huge scraps to make backings…It’s amazing. It won’t take long for a new batch to come along. Trust me.
Well I don’t think I am actually going to make 100 projects completed this year…. We shall see. But I do have a few more things to add. If I could just will myself to actually finish a few more things rather than start more….I have real issues. LOL
But we are taking a trip for Thanksgiving…which is usually the last weekend I have to sew to myself….and I am giving that up to play with a Mouse and his friends in Ca. 🙂
Quilts I have made so far this year:
1.Neutral Love Wool Penny Project
2. Wool Confetti Project for T
3. Wool Penny Project ( big pink flower in the center)
4. Happy Little Trees
5. Christmas cookie exchange
6. Jelly Chain quilt
7. Kaffe Scrappy Ice Cream Quilt
8. Kaffe Magic carpet quilt
9. Kaffe hourglass quilt
10. Moda Be my Neighbor Quilt
11. Feather sample quilt for You Tube.
12. Embroidered Floral quilt
13. Resolutions quilt.
14. little wool Sampler
15. blue wool penny quilt
16. Tula pink Butterfly quilt
17. Cole’s graduation Quilt. I need to take pictures. ( I am not real happy with it. But I made one)
18. Second Feather Sampler
19. Tumbler quilt made and quilted by me.
20. Rag quilt made by me….Approved by Elvis.
21. blissful stars made by me…quilted by me.
22. pretty baby stars. made by me..quilted by me.
23. Long Time Gone made by me quilted by computer ( me)
24. Fabulous flowers Made and quilted by me.
25. Happy Scrappy Orphan block quilt. Made by me and quilted on computer.
26. Batik Butterflies made by me quilted on computer.
27. Wavy Days Tablerunner made & quilted by me.
28. Bertie’s year made & quilted by me
29. LIL made & quilted by Me
30. quick curve quilt- made & quilted by me.
31. Quick curve table runner…made & quilted by me.
32. Baby Jesus Quilt. It was made by me and a round robin group. Quilted by me
33. Long time gone 2- made & quilted by me
34. Hashtag quilt made & quilted by me.
35. One Block Wonder quilt made and quilted by me.
36. Scrappy Strips and batiks made and quilted by me.
37. Bricks…made by me..tested a computer design
Quilts that I have finished (These are mine….I just trade services ect) :
1. Scrappy Square in a squares quilt. Quilted by me made by Annette
2. Sidelights, Pieced & quilted by me.
3. Bee-utiful quilt. Pieced & quilted by me.
4. Block Swap Quilt. Pieced & quilted by me.
5. Lion quilt. Pieced by JennT. & quilted by me.
6. Prairie Flower quilt pieced & quilted by me.
7. Fun Chicken quilt Pieced by Harmony, quilted by me.
8. Garden Cheater quilt. Pieced and quilted by me.
9. Green Tea and Sweet Beans quilt Pieced by Noni quilted by me.
10. Bejeweled made by Annette quilted by me
11. White stars made and quilted by me.
12. Scrappy Squares with Tan background- made by Annette quilted by Computer
13. Soothing waters quilt. Made by Harmony quilted by Computer
14. Medallion Mystery quilt made by me quilted by computer
15. Circle 4 patches made by me quilted by computer
16. Purple Stars made by Karen quilted by me.
17. Gray T-blocks made by Annette quilted by computer & me. I am taking credit for standing by the machine all day.
18. Scrappy Crumb blocks made by Annette quilted by computer
19. Amy Butler Scrap quilt made by me-Quilted by Rob
20. Arctic Crystals made by Florence, quilted by me.
21. Rainbow ribbons made by Annette, quilted by computer
22. circle of geese, Made by myself and Laurie, quilted by Computer
23. Scrappy fun made by me, quilted by computer
24. Vintage Doilies made by Annette, quilted by me.
25. Window Pane. Modern travel bee of 2016. made and quilted by me.
26. Sparkle. Made and quilted by Me.
27. Quick Pillow panel quilt. Made and quilted by me.
28. Catch a Christmas Star made by Nellie quilted by me.
29. Yellow Paisleys Made by Annette. Quilted by Computer
30. Pumpkin Magic made by Round Robin quilted by Me.
31. My Butterfly Round Robin quilted by me
32. Glacier star made by Diane and quilted by me.
33. Scrappy Collaboration made by Felicia and Nellie quilted by me.
So far 70 quilts. Yeah I am not sure I can pull 3o more quilts out of my hat for this year unless I counted all of the little doll quilts ect that I have finished up. I have a few more that I have finished and haven’t photographed yet….but it’s not going to happen. That’s ok. I am not in a competition. 🙂 It’s just fun and therapy.
Here is another one: This is Bricks
I made this a a quilt retreat a few months ago. It was a quick and easy project made from a layer cake. I wanted to test out this computer design…and loaded this quilt since I wasn’t that invested. It turned out great.
Thanks so much for following along. Many blessings
Fanciful Forrest I a in LOVE with this quilt. I actually have the pattern. My daughter wants this quilt. So I am hoping I can have one done next year for her.
the original was quilted with an all over wood grain design so we also opted for that type of design ..it’s very modern. Carol made this quilt…I really *heart* all of her projects. She makes projects that inspire me…and I love her style.
I am thinking she used scraps to make this..I say this because I know her other projects..that I have quilted and these look familiar. 🙂