Hi everyone, how’s it going?
I got a few things accomplished. Not this week….several weeks ago. Venus broke down on me last week so I was down for 3 days. Which is frustrating. Rob was able to fix her. thank goodness. I got a little behind and I panicked a little about taking in any more work. I might be able to squeeze in a few all over type jobs and baby projects. I am leaving for 3 weeks in May and I don’t want to not meet any deadlines of quilts I already have. 🙂
I am excited for my trip..YAY!!
Other big news is that we are buying a 3rd longarm. For a couple of reasons. 1. when Venus breaks down I need a machine to be able to work on. I have an 18 inch Innova (Serena) but I only put show quilts or smaller projects on her that I can leave pinned on for weeks at a time…it’s such a small area of quilting that I don’t really like working on her with my everyday work. Especially, if there is anything on point..because you can’t quilt a whole block on point.
2. I am going to get a computerized system. I have been against a computerized system. But I see the advantages now that I have been quilting for 7 years. I think having a system working beside me while I do my work will have it’s advantages. Also Rob likes computer stuff…and I think he is going to try and get into doing some work for me or himself. He is the one helping me with my videos, anytime I have a computer issue ect. I am technology challenged. So it will be a way he can do some extra things when he has down time, He has 3 days off a week during the slower months and he can add some hours in with me. plus he will be able to teach me how to use the computer because he picks up on that stuff so much faster than me. So when we get our machine set up and we start learning some things..I will take in some “practice” quilts at a discount for the ones willing to send them. I will let you all know the details when we are ready.
It has been an adventure trying to find a machine. But I am pretty sure we have decided on a Gammill with a Statler. I was going to go with HQ because I found a great deal on a used machine. But there are no dealers within 100 miles of me that are willing to work with me if I buy a used machine. One of the dealers even told me the company doesn’t endorse buying used machines. I have been quilting for 7 years now and customer service is really important to me. The one thing that I really appreciate about my Innova is that I do get 24-7 customer service. I can call the 800# at 3 am on a Sunday and get an answer with quality help. That has been valuable to us. The Gammill dealer is an hour away from me ( 50 miles) and everyone in my area loves his service. He spent quite a bit of time talking to me and I haven’t even purchased a machine, yet. I like that because if I do need help, training, parts ect…I can just drive over and pick something up. That’s important to me. So we will see how all of this works out.
I can’t fit another system in my studio…LOL!! A new house would have been nice. But we took our house off the market. However, Son #2 left home last week. Son#3 leaves in June. So Clarissa will be the only child living at home. We are going to re-arrange the house to accommodate the new machine. 🙂
I did finish this project:
It looks deceiving. It’s one cut of fabric with a couple of borders added on. Years ago I bought this fabric and I made another quilt. I had appliqued a design on it and it turned out lovely. It was something I made when I first started longarm quilting. This fabric had been sitting in my stash..so I just put it together. and quilted it. It will be nice for a donation quilt or gift.
Yards used to date: 36
I will have some yards to add next week. I finally finished piecing my Tula Butterfly quilt. I just haven’t finished sewing the backing, cutting the binding ect. So I am not adding it in yet. YAY!!
Quilts I have made so far this year:
- Neutral Love Wool Penny Project
- Wool Confetti Project for T
- Wool Penny Project ( big pink flower in the center)
- Happy Little Trees
- Christmas cookie exchange
- Jelly Chain quilt
- Kaffe Scrappy Ice Cream Quilt
- Kaffe Magic carpet quilt
- Kaffe hourglass quilt
- Moda Be my Neighbor Quilt
- Feather sample quilt for You Tube. (Will get pics posted of this)
Quilts that I have finished:
- Scrappy Square in a squares quilt. Quilted by me made by Annette
- Sidelights, Pieced & quilted by me.
- Bee-utiful quilt. Pieced & quilted by me.
- Block Swap Quilt. Pieced & quilted by me.
- Lion quilt. Pieced by JennT. & quilted by me.
- Prairie Flower quilt pieced & quilted by me.
- Fun Chicken quilt Pieced by Harmony, quilted by me.
- Garden Cheater quilt. Pieced and quilted by me.