I made this quilt from scraps. A few years ago I made a quilt using a few jelly rolls and embroidered designs. Well after making that quilt I had all of these leftover HST from the cut off corners ect and 9 patches . So I thought I could add some scraps of florals and make some star blocks to add to the 9 patch blocks. I saved them all and stored them together to get back to them. I decided that I wanted focal point….I found the embroidery pattern by the Quilted Hare and stitched that up.
Then I just kind of randomly added the borders and blocks to use what I had for the blocks and scraps of florals in my stash. They are all older cuts of fabrics…but I love a good floral print.
I quilted the center with a big kind of McTavish design. Then I custom quilted the first two borders around the center and then all over feathers in the rest of the quilt.
The pictures just don’t give this quilt justice.
Here’s the back:
So I get to add yardage for this quilt YAY!!
Yards used to date: 36+6+2+3=47
6 yards for the embroidered quilt and 2 yards for the backing of the sweet beans quilts. ( it was extra wide) 3 yards for the feather quilt.
Quilts I have made so far this year:
- Neutral Love Wool Penny Project
- Wool Confetti Project for T
- Wool Penny Project ( big pink flower in the center)
- Happy Little Trees
- Christmas cookie exchange
- Jelly Chain quilt
- Kaffe Scrappy Ice Cream Quilt
- Kaffe Magic carpet quilt
- Kaffe hourglass quilt
- Moda Be my Neighbor Quilt
- Feather sample quilt for You Tube. (Will get pics posted of this)
- Embroidered Floral quilt
Quilts that I have finished:
- Scrappy Square in a squares quilt. Quilted by me made by Annette
- Sidelights, Pieced & quilted by me.
- Bee-utiful quilt. Pieced & quilted by me.
- Block Swap Quilt. Pieced & quilted by me.
- Lion quilt. Pieced by JennT. & quilted by me.
- Prairie Flower quilt pieced & quilted by me.
- Fun Chicken quilt Pieced by Harmony, quilted by me.
- Garden Cheater quilt. Pieced and quilted by me.
- Green Tea and Sweet Beans quilt Pieced by Noni quilted by me.
Here are pictures of the feather quilt:
I wanted to make a youtube video with different feather samples. I am still going to do that..I just have to get a machine free long enough to do that.