So this week has been another great week of learning the computer. I am learning how to navigate the computer better. Which designs I can use as all overs ect. It’s been an experience. I still finished quite a few of my own and several customer quilts. Rob even finished one from start to finish on the computer by himself. It took him all night…but he did it. I think he has a difficult time walking away from the computer once it starts. I have no problem walking away and letting it do it’s thing.
But I did get myself in a few pickles this week that he had to work out on the computer to get me back on track. I have no idea what really happened..but it was a mess from start to finish. However..when you look at the quilt you would never know it. So it’s good to go.
So we did this one last weekend and I was not really understanding what the different codes on the computer designs mean. This said circle “fill” I now know that means that it’s a block design and I will have to stop at every solitary single block fill and cut the thread ect. It took ALL day long to quilt this quilt. NEVER again. I have now learned that I can buy a circle panto to do this.
Annette made this quilt from my scraps. I really love it! she always does such a nice job and even when my scraps aren’t modern ( or a mix of both) the pattern she chose for this still reads modern to me. I love that. Here’s a picture of the back:
My Poor Beth! Before I had decided to get the computer machine..I was working at quilting some of my own quilts just to finish things that have been sitting for some time…and then the computer got here and I have probably quilted about 15 of my own quilts…..so she is pretty stacked up on binding..my poor girl!
The good news is that the bins are going down..so probably she won’t have that many to do for the rest of the year. LOL!
This is another one made by Annette with my scraps. I wanted to take advantage of those black borders..so I used variegated thread. As soon as I started looking at all over designs on the computer, I spotted these pinwheels and thought they were so cute! It’s something I couldn’t do on my own.
Rob and I have been working together on most of these quilts..I have done a few on my own from start to finish because he leaves for work and I am trying to seal everything in before I leave for 3 weeks.
I am terrible at letting Rob do the loading and getting everything set because he is so slow..and I can do it in the fraction of the time and I don’t have patience. I tend to just take over. Well I needed to step away so he could learn. So Roo and I went to pottery class Wednesday night and Rob completed a quilt from start to finish on his own. It was one of my scrappy quilts. I made it from all of my Amy Butler scraps.
We have even more. I will be posting them. 🙂
I hope you all have a fabulous SUNDAY!
Quilts I have made so far this year:
- Neutral Love Wool Penny Project
- Wool Confetti Project for T
- Wool Penny Project ( big pink flower in the center)
- Happy Little Trees
- Christmas cookie exchange
- Jelly Chain quilt
- Kaffe Scrappy Ice Cream Quilt
- Kaffe Magic carpet quilt
- Kaffe hourglass quilt
- Moda Be my Neighbor Quilt
- Feather sample quilt for You Tube.
- Embroidered Floral quilt
Quilts that I have finished:
- Scrappy Square in a squares quilt. Quilted by me made by Annette
- Sidelights, Pieced & quilted by me.
- Bee-utiful quilt. Pieced & quilted by me.
- Block Swap Quilt. Pieced & quilted by me.
- Lion quilt. Pieced by JennT. & quilted by me.
- Prairie Flower quilt pieced & quilted by me.
- Fun Chicken quilt Pieced by Harmony, quilted by me.
- Garden Cheater quilt. Pieced and quilted by me.
- Green Tea and Sweet Beans quilt Pieced by Noni quilted by me.
- Bejeweled made by Annette quilted by me
- White stars made and quilted by me.
- Scrappy Squares with Tan background- made by Annette quilted by Computer
- Soothing waters quilt. Made by Harmony quilted by Computer
- Medallion Mystery quilt made by me quilted by computer
- Circle 4 patches made by me quilted by computer
- Purple Stars made by Karen quilted by me.
- Gray T-blocks made by Annette quilted by computer & me. I am taking credit for standing by the machine all day.
- Scrappy Crumb blocks made by Annette quilted by computer
- Amy Butler Scrap quilt made by me-Quilted by Rob