So I have been MIA for a bit. sorry about that. I can’t go into details right now. I had a personal issue and I am not in the right space to really talk about it. But as always at some point I will share only because I think at some point it will help someone else along the way….and I will understand that there is nothing to be ashamed of in the end. but I also want to document it now…so that I won’t forget. 🙂
I have been really trying to finish some of my quilt tops that have been sitting for awhile. I am making progress. But most of them actually had backings & bindings cut already……or I have been using scraps…so I don’t see my stash going down so much….but I have to admit it does feel good to complete some projects that have been hanging over my head. Not for any other reason then to just empty some bins. This is a busy year for me and I probably won’t be able to start as many projects….but I can still make progress finishing some.
I finished this little lion quilt. The design is actually by deb Grogan of the quilt factory. she sells the patterns on her site. This was a test quilt when she wanted to release the pattern. My friend Jenn made it…and gave me the top. So I quilted it up and I will probably donate it …..it’s so adorable and I love the 3-d aspects of it. Jenn did a great job….and Deb’s designs are always adorable!
I also finished my Prairie flower quilt. I will share that tomorrow.
Yards used to date: 33
Quilts I have made so far this year:
- Neutral Love Wool Penny Project
- Wool Confetti Project for T
- Wool Penny Project ( big pink flower in the center)
- Happy Little Trees
- Christmas cookie exchange
- Jelly Chain quilt
- Kaffe Scrappy Ice Cream Quilt
- Kaffe Magic carpet quilt
- Kaffe hourglass quilt
- Moda Be my Neighbor Quilt ( I forgot to add this last week)
Quilts that I have finished:
- Scrappy Square in a squares quilt. Quilted by me made by Annette
- Sidelights, Pieced & quilted by me.
- Bee-utiful quilt. Pieced & quilted by me.
- Block Swap Quilt. Pieced & quilted by me.
- Lion quilt. Pieced by JennT. & quilted by me.
- Prairie Flower quilt pieced & quilted by me.
So not a lot of yardage used….but progress is being made in the right direction. 🙂
I hope you all take stock and get some of those pesky UFO’s off the table. It feels good!