OK So I do get to add some yardage today. I did finish my Celtic Solstice. YAY! Finally! The top took 20 yards. The binding is another yard. The quilt is so huge that I had to add to my extra wide muslin back. So I am only going to count a yard for the backing because I am already keeping track of how many bolts of fabric I am buying.
(it’s straight…just looks bad in photo)
I also finished another quilt top & back Saturday afternoon. I had some leftover 6 inch squares from my bubble wand round robing. There wasn’t enough to make a full quilt…I added a FQ to make my HST’s. Then I decided to just make an improve setting…I was tapping into my modern self. I was trying to go minimal. I just wanted to make a fun modern lap size quilt. I have to say all of that negative space without patterned fabric is just way to much temptation to dress it up for quilting. I am trying to decide on simplistic modern quilting…….or do something more?? But for this quilt, backing & binding I get to add 7 yards.
All of the birds had to face the right direction. I had a couple yards of the birds to add to the back..yay! This will be a fun quilt to quilt. I already have some ideas.
Fabric Count 162.5+22+7=191.50 yards.
I wonder if I will make 200 yards by the end of March? Hmmmm?
Bolts I have purchased this year:
Extra Wide Muslin -1
Personal finishes for 2014 (these are ones I made from start to finish):
1. Scrappy Squares (pieced & quilted)
2. Amy Scraps (quilted)
3. Scrappy 500 HST (quilted)
4. Soothing Gray quilt ( quilted)
5. Modern Monkey Baby (quilted)
6. Dresden Flowers (flimsy)
7. The Grinch Quilt (quilted)
8. Mod Vintage Tablecloth quilt (quilted)
9. Scrappy Swoon (quilted)
10. Scrappy Owls (quilted)
11. Scrappy Postcards (quilted)
12. Double Delight (quilted)
13. Deep Sea Bubbles (quilted)
14. Red, black, white & gray Big & Bold (flimsy)
15. Scottie Dog Houses (flimsy)
16. 9 Patch Scrappy (flimsy)
17. Asterisk Quilt
18. Pumpkin Pie (quilted)
19. Baby quilt (whole cloth/cheater) pieced & quilted
20. Scrappy Jelly Race pieced & quilted
21. 2 Shopping Bags
22. Galleria (pieced)
23. Bubble wand quilt (quilted)
24. Charisma’s Flock of Birds (quilted)
25. Valentine Quilt (pieced)
26. Celtic Solstice Flimsie
27. Improv Charms Flimsie
Scrappy Trade Quilts Finished:
1. Harmony’s Soothing water quilt (Quilted)
2. Plaid Bouquet (quilted) Made by Annette
3. Snowman Advent Calendar (quilted) made by Karin
4. Snowman Welcome sign (quilted) Made by Karin
5. Squared Origins (quilted) Made by Harmony
6. That Thirties Thing (quilted) Pieced By Annette ( will post this later today) Some pics are posted on Fb.
7. Wing It! Rectangled (quilted) pieced by Annette
8. Scrappy Origins (quilted) pieced by Harmony
9. Peaches & Cream (quilted) Pieced by Annette
10. A Tisket A Tasket (quilted) pieced by Nelle
11. Snowman Country (quilted) Pieced by Nelle
12. Table runner (quilted) Pieced by Harmony
39 projects! YAHOO! Making progress!