It’s a Judy Niemeyer paper piecing pattern. Those patterns are not for the faint of heart. It’s difficult just looking at the papers you pull out of the bag…then keeping all the fabrics straight…seriously. Definitely an intermediate project.
I looked up this quilt on different sites to see how it was quilted. Usually I hate doing that because I want to put my own spin on quilts. I don’t want any ideas from anyone because I want to read them myself. But these patterns always stump me. It seemed like all of them had some version of feathers. So I didn’t do that. then I still had to think about it for a few days. it bugs me when the ideas don’t just pop out at me. Then I thought Batiks=ferns. I love ferns & batiks. So I decided on the fern type fans in the light…after that the rest fell into place.
Thread was difficult so I used two different colors. I used a natural and a charcoal gray. The back was a dark fabric. So I also had to use two different bobbin colors. The problem with that is that when you use a high contrasting thread it shows every stitch out of place…..:(. I am not a fan of that. But There was no avoiding that because of the pokies on the top if I used a dark bobbin. I used a gray bobbin with the light natural thread without an issue. 🙂
It’s a beautiful quilt…I hope I did it justice…..even if I see my own flaws. *nervous* I hope the owner likes it! You can see that the black thread is barely visable…the gray thread is shouting out loud…”come & see me!”
Many Blessings Norma! It was a pleasure working for you!